A question about a recipe: Chocolate Dump-It Cake

Bbc7ec7b 7ea7 4688 8662 655af1c013d8  dump it cake

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Dump-It Cake" from Food52. Can plain yogurt be substituted for the sour cream in the icing?

asked by Franca about 2 years ago

Here's a fairly recent thread on the cake. Yogurt will be very tangy and possibly too tangy, but that's all up to personal taste. I think you'll find some comments on using yogurt in the recipe comments as well.

https://food52.com/hotline...

Windischgirl

Whenever I've whisked yogurt, I've noticed it breaks down and turns liquidy. Regular yogurt especially will do this, so I'd worry that the icing will be too runny and not set. I wonder if Greek yogurt might do the same.
If you are concerned about calories, the cake is yummy without the frosting. Serve it dusted with powdered sugar or with a fruit sauce, like puréed raspberries.