A question about a recipe: Yotam Ottolenghi's Sweet Corn Polenta with Eggplant Sauce

09460b48 bded 4c4d b520 47bda26d6d60  7683975594 9bcbb15cd7 o

I have a question about the recipe "Yotam Ottolenghi's Sweet Corn Polenta with Eggplant Sauce" from Genius Recipes. Could I use chicken stock for the sauce or polenta?

asked by Jacob about 2 years ago

Sure. It doesn't 'need' it in terms of adding flavor (it's a really delicious dish as is) but if I don't think it would hurt either. I think the flavor difference with broth would be much more subtle in the sauce than in the polenta.

dinner at ten
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

I also really like this dish, and wouldn't recommend adding broth -- I think its fresh, bright flavors might be dulled a bit by broth.

I agree with Dinner. It's a wonderfully bright, fresh dish the way it is. I love cooking with stock, but once in a while, there's a dish that's better the way it's written.