A question about a recipe: America’s Test Kitchen’s Instant Aged Balsamic Vinegar

0fb10b1a a26a 4ff5 afa3 d2bbb11a76f0  2016 0906 genius cooks illustrated instant aged balsamic james ransom 407

I have a question about the recipe "America’s Test Kitchen’s Instant Aged Balsamic Vinegar" from Genius Recipes. Can this be made and stored? Refrigerated or in cabinet?

asked by Janet L. Goldman almost 2 years ago

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Good question. Out of curiosity I scoured the America's Test Kitchen site and other websites to find the answer. Not one gave any information indicating the best storage for the vinegar. I'm going to guess you should be able to store it in the pantry. If this worries you, I don't see any harm in refrigerating it. We'll see if others have experience with this recipe and proper storage ideas.

Great question—I didn't think about it before because as written this makes so little you likely wouldn't have any left to store. But if you were doubling or tripling the batch, storing leftovers tightly sealed at room temperature should be just fine.

I've made it and stored it in the refrigerator where it keeps for quite a while-- I can't tell you how long because I use it up pretty quickly.