A question about a recipe: Beet and Carrot Fritters with Dill and Yogurt Sauce

4d7adb62 b6bd 4488 967e dd638f5ac335  fritters crop copy

I have a question about the recipe "Beet and Carrot Fritters with Dill and Yogurt Sauce" from Food52. can you oven bake these beet fritters?

asked by JORJ almost 2 years ago

Potato latkes, basically another root vegetable fritter, can be made in the oven with much less oil than frying, so why not these?
For times and temps, use this recipe as a guideline:
http://www.food.com/recipe...

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I agree with Nancy. When I'm trying to avoid extra oil I've had good results baking these sorts of recipes in the oven. I place a small amount of oil in a bowl and dab it onto the fritters with a silicone pastry brush. This technique seems to help hold them together. Be careful when you're removing them from the tray as they'll be more likely to fall apart than if they were fried. Let us know how this works for you.