🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Butternut Sage Scones

Cd6adba6 4ae0 483f 86d7 6da4346ab5b9  2016 0915 butternut sage scones alpha smoot 233

I have a question about the recipe "Butternut Sage Scones" from mrslarkin. I'd love to mail these from NY to someone in NC, but I'm worried that after 48+ hours they might not keep. Would they survive 2 days of shipment? Is there a way to package them to keep them fresh? Or should I go with a quick bread instead? Thanks!

asked by Cookies&Cakes about 1 year ago

Possible solution - make, shape & freeze.
Then ship with dry ice to the NC people and let them bake.
Have a look at this article (no endorsement, just for info):
https://compass.ups.com...

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Hi Cookies&Cakes, the scones should be fine for a couple of days. They contain a good amount of sugar, which acts somewhat like a preservative. Wrap them well in a wax paper-lined box or tin. I would instruct the recipient to use the scones immediately, and warm before eating in a 350 degree oven. Freeze the unused scones. I would skip the sage leaf on top if you are planning on shipping.

Thank you so much! I look forward to sharing these delicious treats.