🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cider-Braised Pork Shoulder with Caramelized Onion and Apple Confit

3482adfb 359f 47cf 9392 a94ce0a81e77  2016 1004 cider braised pork shoulder bobbi lin 446

I have a question about the recipe "Cider-Braised Pork Shoulder with Caramelized Onion and Apple Confit" from TasteFood. I am cooking for 8. Was thinking of getting a 5LB pork shoulder and prepare day ahead. Should I cook for 5 hours and then separate Confit and meet to put in fridge overnight? Then when I go to reheat should I reheat all of it together? If so, should I cover and how long do you think it will take to reheat the next day? Thank you!

asked by Cheryl Meyerson over 1 year ago

34402d13 30d9 4d64 8bb1 f20d4233e448  headshot small lynda balslev 2016

Hi Cheryl, I suggest cooling the pot slightly after braising in step 6, then refrigerate the pork in the sauce overnight (this will deepen the flavor). The next day, place the pot in a 300°F oven and reheat 30 to 40 minutes, then proceed with step 7.

4548d92d ae7b 4b39 943d 6b72bb95a464  fb avatar

Thank you! Others have suggested that you should separate the meet before refrigerating after step 6 so that the fat build up doesn't get into the veggies as it is hard to take off next day. Also, do you think for 8 people 4.5 or 5 ibs should do it? I assume double everything else? Assuming about 5 hours cooking in oven and then the heating up next day of 30 1 40? Appreciate it! Want to get it right..:)