🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Walnut Cake

17a23bfb 0b2b 4058 a40c 43ee4c41d876  633 thor 9780553459586 art r1 2

I have a question about the recipe "Walnut Cake" from Mimi Thorisson. The recipe says to mix in the butter... Is the butter melted or are you mixing in softened butter?

asked by Judy 12 months ago

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

I have a French baking book from Canada whose recipes also seem to be written this way, but I usually use softened butter that I beat with sugar in the usual way to aerate the mixture, then add the eggs one at a time and the additional liquids. I would sift the dry ingredients and whisk in the nuts, then add to the batter in separate increments. Perhaps others will weigh in!