🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Vera Obias' Cheddar & Black Pepper Cornbread

924cb81b 70b4 4f15 983b 2073a3f59946  hero

I have a question about the recipe "Vera Obias' Cheddar & Black Pepper Cornbread" from Genius Recipes. Can I freeze this. Would like to make before thanksgiving?

asked by JBF OF BROOKLYN 12 months ago

I haven't made this, but in the comments section, they speak of making the batter and baking it the next day. The person asking the question said it worked perfectly.

Generally, I find frozen cornbread flat and uninteresting after it's defrosted.
But the recipe headnote says to treat this like a scone or a biscuit, and they do freeze well as unbaked dough.
My recommendation, if you want to save time before thanksgiving and still have a great cornbread is to mix it up and freeze it (in whatever shape or size you want). Then bake just before the holiday.