A question about a recipe: Dario’s Olive Oil Cake with Rosemary and Pine Nuts

E7331cdf ba7c 4960 b197 0f8316557ec4  2016 0822 olive oil cake with rosemary and pine nuts mark weinberg 271

I have a question about the recipe "Dario’s Olive Oil Cake with Rosemary and Pine Nuts " from Food52. Are you supposed to drain the raisins before adding them? I'm guessing that the small amount of liquid here may make it a moot point, but I wasn't sure. Thanks.

asked by Margaret Simmons almost 2 years ago

You're right...the amount is small, so probably moot.
That said, there might not be ANY liquid left. So, no problem.
If there is SOME left and you want a drier cake, drain the liquid (but don't throw it out - use it in some other dish, like yogurt or fruit salad), then proceed with the raisins in the cake recipe.

Or if there is some liquid left, just spoon the raisins into the recipe when they are called for, and if some liquid goes with them, ok.