A question about a recipe: Chocolate Pecan Galette

1202df33 a5e6 41b5 8b87 62089e3b6c3e  2016 1105 pecan chocolate galette james ransom 008

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Pecan Galette" from Erin McDowell. IS there a weight measurement for 1 cup chopped dark chocolate? Thanks!

asked by Somia almost 2 years ago

It would be best if the author included it- it's going to vary a lot according to how you cut and pack it. I wouldn't worry too much- it's not really interacting with anything else structurally in this recipe and an exact amount shouldn't be critical.

Erin McDowell
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

About 6 ounces is just right!