🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Meta Given's Pumpkin Pie

670d4e4d c1d4 47e5 a930 736517ded9c9  2014 1030 pumpkin pie 013

I have a question about the recipe "Meta Given's Pumpkin Pie" from Genius Recipes. could i use a store bought graham cracker crust

asked by Joyce Gordon 10 months ago

F92231df 227e 4486 9cc8 279621ca1481  harvest party

I just consulted the Meta Given cookbook to look for a mincemeat question and she recommends you buy a jarred product since there are so many good ones on the market - and it is much easier than making your own. I say that, because I don't think that she personally would be against you buying the pie crust you would enjoy using. Graham cracker is different than pie pastry but still good.

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

Maybe- I'd think it would have a strong tendency toward sogginess. Up to you if you think the flavor would be appropriate. If you decide to try it, watch the sizes- I think these things tend to run to small and shallow, though I don't use them myself.