A question about a recipe: Grandy's Sausage Stuffing

4442cd76 c85a 4600 b9b4 3b389fc27ae0  2014 1111 meat greet sausagestuffingfinalshot844

I have a question about the recipe "Grandy's Sausage Stuffing" from Cara Nicoletti. Can this be made in advance or will it get too soggy? I am thinking the day before..

asked by Francesca Jacks over 1 year ago

Kenzi Wilbur

Many stuffings to call for sitting for at least a few hours before baking, but because of the size of the bread cubes here, I worry this recipe in particular will get a bit too soggy if left for 24 hours. Are there other things you can take on to make ahead in the coming days so that you have room and time to make this? (We're happy to help you with those!)

SMSF
SMSF

SMSF is a trusted home cook.

I think this could work. Prep all of the ingredients ahead of time and mix together everything except the bread cubes. Add the dried bread cubes to the mixture on the big day and proceed with baking.

You could do everything but not add the bread cubes until the day of. I do that with all of my stuffing every year. I actually sauteed the vegetables and sausage and froze that mixture last week. My Challah will be cut and set out to dry tomorrow. I'll combine everything on Thursday morning.

I also meant to add..I've made many of Cara's recipes and they are all awesome, so I'll bet it's great stuffing.