A question about a recipe: Almond Apple Pie

1e701ab5 3a99 4f15 9970 d15c1070d718  pie

I have a question about the recipe "Almond Apple Pie" from Posie Harwood. How thinly do you slice the apples?

asked by kzmccaff almost 2 years ago

meathead
meathead

Author of the New York Times Best Seller “Meathead, The Science of Barbecue and Grilling” and barbecue whisperer of AmazingRibs.com.

I like to slice them about 1/4" so they retain some crunch, but there are so many other variables such as oven temp and apple variety.

kzmccaff

Thanks!!

Kenzi Wilbur

This particular recipe specifies "thinly sliced," and in that case I usually shoot for close to an 1/8th of an inch. If this feels a little tricky, aim for a 1/4—just do your best to make them uniform, that way they'll all cook evenly.

kzmccaff

Thanks! I'm breaking out the mandolin :)