🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Almond Apple Pie

1e701ab5 3a99 4f15 9970 d15c1070d718  pie

I have a question about the recipe "Almond Apple Pie" from Posie Harwood. How thinly do you slice the apples?

asked by kzmccaff about 1 year ago

3dab5e88 33eb 4bd4 9a98 cff872268cfd  meathead logo 150
meathead

Author of the New York Times Best Seller “Meathead, The Science of Barbecue and Grilling” and barbecue whisperer of AmazingRibs.com.

I like to slice them about 1/4" so they retain some crunch, but there are so many other variables such as oven temp and apple variety.

Eb4f751c 550f 42ed a4af 9a6de29a3dda  profile pic

Thanks!!

5dd58b70 52d5 415a 8478 ba9053b33e62  kenzi
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

This particular recipe specifies "thinly sliced," and in that case I usually shoot for close to an 1/8th of an inch. If this feels a little tricky, aim for a 1/4—just do your best to make them uniform, that way they'll all cook evenly.

Thanks! I'm breaking out the mandolin :)