A question about a recipe: Aromatic Rice With Aubergine and Chickpeas

1982b2ec 17a0 41d9 9f83 aea671ca15c9  img 0868 1.jpg

I have a question about the recipe "Aromatic Rice With Aubergine and Chickpeas" from Fahriye. What is the "mixed spice"?

asked by Taylor Borg almost 2 years ago

Sounds delicious. You could send the recipe author a private message by going to his/her profile page (click on the screenname of Fahriye, when you get to the profile page, click on the envelope icon, then type in your message. Hope this helps. Otherwise, I might go with cumin, cinnamon, cardamom and/or saffron? Hope others can chime in.

Usually, "mixed spice" in English or British recipes is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg etc (what we think of as baking spices). Not sure Fahriye has British cooking background. But if yes, see this recipe from the BBC for a typical blend (there are many):
http://www.bbcgoodfood...

(I googled Persian rice pilav since the name Fahriye and the recipe ingredients (herbs, dill) appear to be Persian; I looked at a NYT recipe to arrive at the spices.