Help! I've lost my favorite Ina Garten chocolate pie recipe.

I used to make this recipe every year for Christmas. It's an Ina Garten recipe for a chocolate cream pie - the name escapes me. It had a chocolate cookie crust and used chocolate melted on a double broiler with butter. I cannot find it on the internet and I'm wondering if any food52 folks might have it. Thanks for any help.

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

asked almost 2 years ago

Would this be it?
http://www.foodnetwork...

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Thank you, Lisanne! No, that's not it. It has a dark cookie crust and there are no nuts. As I recall she often put up recipes on Food Network for a limited time due to the fact they were also in her cookbooks. I got it off of Food Network, however I'm wondering if it's from one of her cookbooks. It's more of a silk pie and I can't recall the name of it.

Steph

Is it the chocolate pudding cream tart from her book how easy is that?

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

No, I don't think so. Thank you for inquiring!

Marie Frank

Can't help you with Ina's recipe, but Jenn Siegal of onceuponachef.com has a yummy chocolate cream pie that I have made several times.

Dona

Trena, is it a chocolate wafer crust with a pudding like filling?

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Yes, I think that's it!

Trena - I have all of Ina's cookbooks except for Cooking for Jefferey. If no one posts the pie recipe you're looking for, respond back and I'll go through all the cookbooks for you.

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Thanks, Chops! The recipe Dona posted from Epicurious is very close, but I'd really appreciate it if you wouldn't mind looking through your Ina Garten cookbooks. Thank you!

Dona

http://www.epicurious.com...

Dona

This is the recipe I always use. I realize it's not Ina, but it's Anne Willen and she and Ina are friends!

Dona that looks delicious; saving it!

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Dona - thank you! This is very close to Ina Garten's recipe. It really is a fantastic pie!

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

I ended up making the Epicurious recipe you recommended and it was a hit! It tasted just like the Ina Garten recipe I had made in the past. Thank you for recommending it!

Dona

Trena, I'm so glad it worked out!

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks