A question about a recipe: Turkey Pot Pie

8a39e989 ea48 4473 b3cb bcb52d7568a9  2016 0825 three tiered pie mark weinberg 548

I have a question about the recipe "Turkey Pot Pie" from Erin McDowell. How far can this be made in advance? Can you make the filling separately and freeze it? Can you make the whole pie and freeze to bake later?

asked by Mica Storer about 2 years ago

Erin McDowell
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

You can definitely make the filling ahead - it will keep in the fridge for a day or two and in the freezer for about a month - thAw before using! It's best to bake the pie just after it's shaped - hot water is funny like that!