🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pearl's Lemon Olive Oil cake

D9de811d 67f3 4042 87b1 e16cc2185509  2013 1126 wc pearls lemon olive oil cake 008

I have a question about the recipe "Pearl's Lemon Olive Oil cake" from Jaynerly. Could I use a spring form pan for this? Or would leaking be an issue

asked by Jacob Crim 10 months ago

In her description, the author says she sometimes uses a springform pan. Also, in the comments, several people mention springboard pans. Some lined them first and some didn't. I'd put a sheet pan or piece of foil below the cake if you aren't going to line the pan.

Glad you asked the question..it looks like a cake that I must make.

That's "springform..not springboard".

Some olive oil cake recipes (even) call for a spring form pan.
Like Alice Waters for Sauternes Olive Oil cake with peaches, which I have made many times. She calls for lining the pan with parchment paper and buttering both the pan and paper.
I have never had leakage from the spring form pan.
But if you are worried about it, place the spring form on a sheet pan when you bake.