🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Stewed Cannellini Beans with Chorizo and Confit Rock Shrimp

F409cc64 eb37 4913 9ab4 bc4e1bc45d9a  2016 1122 white beans chorizo shrimp james ransom 373

I have a question about the recipe "Stewed Cannellini Beans with Chorizo and Confit Rock Shrimp" from Josh Cohen. Can you do any part of the actual cooking of the beans ahead of time (aside from soaking overnight, obviously)? Simmer for the first hour the night before perhaps? Would like to serve this for a weekday dinner party so was wondering if I could prepare the whole thing ahead?

asked by hchambers86 8 months ago

40f4e192 1d25 4f40 b8f3 90ea1bdb64f6  unnamed
Josh Cohen

Food52 Test Kitchen Chef

Hi, I would suggest soaking the beans two days before guests arrive. Fully cook the beans one day before guests arrive. Then, the day of the dinner party, simply reheat the beans. I would suggest making the confirm rock shrimp an hour before guests arrive - this way, you can serve the shrimp fresh without worrying about chilling them in the fridge and reheating them for the party.

Thank you! Perfect solution - will let you know how it turns out!