🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Old-School Swedish Meatballs

7e425402 9267 408c 80ee 65b7e0e5cc92  2015 0106 classic swedish meatballs 444

I have a question about the recipe "Old-School Swedish Meatballs" from Corby. Can these be made in advance or frozen?

asked by Andi 8 months ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

These are for this specific recipe, but this thread shares a commenter's suggested method for freezing meatballs: https://food52.com/hotline...

That should be "aren't" for this specific recipe...

I've done both - made a few days before eating and frozen them. In fact, I usually do both -- cook once (typically for something like this, on the weekend), eat twice! Lately, I've just been shaping the meatballs and freezing them, without cooking or making the sauce, and finishing the recipe later. The recipe is so easy, doing that works well.
Also, WARNING: if making the whole dish and freezing, do not add the sour cream until you defrost and heat, as the cream may separate when frozen, which is not appealing. ;o)