A question about a recipe: Tara O' Brady's Cinnamon Walnut Mud Cake

407b0476 bcd3 465c a964 2d66a6820832  2016 1206 chocolate cinnamon walnut mud cake mark weinberg 185 1

I have a question about the recipe "Tara O' Brady's Cinnamon Walnut Mud Cake" from Sarah Jampel. As someone else posted has anyone tried this without cinnamon? My son is not a cinnamon chocolate fan?

asked by Jenna over 1 year ago

I've not tried it without the cinnamon, but there is a lot of flavor here from the walnuts, chocolate, vanilla. I think it would be fine without cinnamon. No need to substitute another spice, but if you want, I would go for nutmeg or cardamon, very small amount (pinch only), if he likes one of those.

Tara O'Brady

Hello! Yes, you can absolutely leave out the cinnamon. This cake came about when I was pregnant with my second son, and on a bit of a Mexican-style hot chocolate bender. As I said to someone else, you can add a bit of espresso powder if you'd like, but the replacement isn't necessary. Best of luck!

And kudos to your son for his sturdy good sense.