🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Victoria Granof’s Pasta con Ceci

40b99d47 fa00 4716 bd3a 64b450cff070  2016 1206 victoria granof pasta con ceci genius mark weinberg 480

I have a question about the recipe "Victoria Granof’s Pasta con Ceci" from Genius Recipes. If making this with whole wheat pasta, would you need to change the amount of water?

asked by Elana 8 months ago

Cav

Possibly.

I'd keep some boiling water to the side, ready to add in case the pasta does need more liquid. I'd also hold back on adding the chickpeas until the pasta is al dente. That way, if the pasta does need more water, the chickpeas won't overcook.

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Just keep an eye on the pot as it simmers, and, as Cav said, it's easy to add more water if the pot is starting to look a bit dry before the pasta is cooked. I wouldn't worry too much about the chickpeas overcooking, unless you're using particularly soft home-cooked beans—the canned ones can use the extra time to soak up the flavor.