A question about a recipe: Victoria Granof’s Pasta con Ceci

I have a question about the recipe "Victoria Granof’s Pasta con Ceci" from Genius Recipes. If making this with whole wheat pasta, would you need to change the amount of water?

• Posted by: Elana
  • January 4, 2017
40b99d47 fa00 4716 bd3a 64b450cff070  2016 1206 victoria granof pasta con ceci genius mark weinberg 480
Recipe question for: Victoria Granof’s Pasta con Ceci

Cav
Cav January 4, 2017

Possibly.

I'd keep some boiling water to the side, ready to add in case the pasta does need more liquid. I'd also hold back on adding the chickpeas until the pasta is al dente. That way, if the pasta does need more water, the chickpeas won't overcook.

Kristen Miglore January 4, 2017

Just keep an eye on the pot as it simmers, and, as Cav said, it's easy to add more water if the pot is starting to look a bit dry before the pasta is cooked. I wouldn't worry too much about the chickpeas overcooking, unless you're using particularly soft home-cooked beans—the canned ones can use the extra time to soak up the flavor.