A question about a recipe: Silly Good Oatmeal Cookies with Golden Raisins (flourless and vegan)

B7fe5f83 a0a9 4fcf 8336 d4937d449758  img 2498

I have a question about the recipe "Silly Good Oatmeal Cookies with Golden Raisins (flourless and vegan)" from Molly Damon. Do you think these would work without blending the oats, just leaving the oats whole?

asked by chez danisse almost 2 years ago

BakerRB

If you want them to be similar to "normal" cookies you need the oats broken down to provide a flour component. The remaining ingredients will coat whole oats (like granola) rather than combining uniformly/being absorbed/creamed together (like cookies). I think you can make them and get something to eat out of it, but they will be quite different than the recipe intended.

chez danisse

Makes total sense. Thank you! I actually decided to make another oatmeal cookie recipe that included flour, as eliminating flour was not my objective.