A question about a recipe: Silly Good Oatmeal Cookies with Golden Raisins (flourless and vegan)

I have a question about the recipe "Silly Good Oatmeal Cookies with Golden Raisins (flourless and vegan)" from Molly Damon. Do you think these would work without blending the oats, just leaving the oats whole?

9bd8b4fe 483e 4b08 becc 6573a4bf6972  img 1763
  • Posted by: Denise
  • January 5, 2017

BakerRB January 5, 2017
If you want them to be similar to "normal" cookies you need the oats broken down to provide a flour component. The remaining ingredients will coat whole oats (like granola) rather than combining uniformly/being absorbed/creamed together (like cookies). I think you can make them and get something to eat out of it, but they will be quite different than the recipe intended.

Denise January 6, 2017
Makes total sense. Thank you! I actually decided to make another oatmeal cookie recipe that included flour, as eliminating flour was not my objective.