A question about a recipe: Cheap Creamy Chicken Curry

21dd21c7 339e 46b7 9748 df4cec1ea1a2  food52 06 26 12 2085

I have a question about the recipe "Cheap Creamy Chicken Curry " from Table9. Could I do a gentle simmer after adding the coconut milk and cook it for an hour or two?

asked by Jacob over 1 year ago

former Community Editor

Hi Jacob, step 4 does call for simmering, uncovered, after adding the coconut milk, but only for "7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through," I'm afraid an hour or two would result in overcooked chicken.

Sapphyreopal5

I let this simmer on the lowest setting possible on my stove for a good while. The chicken didn't overcook. With this being said this is at your discretion. I live in an apt with an electric stove that's at least a few years old so keep that in mind.