🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Aunt Paula's Carrot Ring

F1332b49 b9bf 40e9 bf6a fd1572c372eb  2016 1221 carrot ring james ransom 309

I have a question about the recipe "Aunt Paula's Carrot Ring" from Annie Plotkin. Wondered on the Carrot Ring whether for Passover the substitute is matzoh meal or matzoh flour?

asked by Janet over 1 year ago

I've not heard of or seen matzoh flour, but it sounds like it would work.
To replace the flour in a cake like this one, my preference would be matzoh cake meal & 2nd choice matzoh meal (which is more coarsely ground).
Waiting to see what Annie Plotkin says.

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Hi Janet. The author states in the headnotes that you can use matzoh meal during Passover. As Nancy suggests, matzoh cake meal would probably make a lighter product. If you couldn't find cake meal, you could use regular and just grind it finer in a mini food processor if you have one! (I have a separate Passover one and get a lot of use out of it, even if it's used only one week of the year...)