A question about a recipe: Red-Wine Poached Pears

7bb6ae78 78f5 4162 8952 62d496b7bfe5  img 4968

I have a question about the recipe "Red-Wine Poached Pears " from Kenzi Wilbur. Any good ideas for any leftover sauce? I have about 1/2 cup left and don't want to waste it!

asked by meet your baker over 1 year ago

foofaraw

- freeze and add when you are making sangria in summer or glogg/mulled wine in winter
- add to morning smoothies (I'd consider most of of alcohol is already gone *wink**wink)
- add in for red wine cake instead of red wine only
- I'd imagine it'll be also good for sauce for pork tenderloin (add more balsamic vinegar and others savory spices), bread pudding (add more sugar &/rum), etc

Kenzi Wilbur

Love this answer. I was going say a pound cake glaze, +1 on the meat suggestion, and even drizzled on ice cream!

caninechef

If you have made this recipe did you like it? I read the recipe comments but they all seem to be about the color of the pears, not how they actually turned out/ tasted. This would make a great dessert for my lunch group I think if I can get pears ripe in time.

meet your baker

They were delicious! I bought my pears the day I made them, and just cooked them for longer (maybe 35-40 mins?). My husband does not like pears or red wine and loved them.

Ali Worthalter

Drizzle over ice cream or pound cake!

meet your baker

These answers are great! Thank you!

Get a hunk of good Stilton to serve with wheatmeal crackers and a drizzle of wine/pear syrup. Maybe a few walnuts on the side. That sounds like a perfect dessert to me.

Windischgirl

Wonder how it would be mixed with seltzer or a sparkling wine?
Stirred into a tea to sweeten?