A question about a recipe: Stuffed Pears en Papillote

0eed9537 238c 474b a3cc a23cba30a464  dsc02121

I have a question about the recipe "Stuffed Pears en Papillote" from sdebrango. it looks like quite a few people have tried these, what temperature do you like to serve these at?

asked by caninechef almost 2 years ago

former Community Editor

I know you asked for feedback from people who have tried this recipe, but I'm throwing my two cents in that I prefer baked/poached fruit served warm rather than room temp.

caninechef

Thanks, I am trying to evaluate this recipe as a candidate as a contribution to a pot luck meal.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

My preference is slightly warm when served on their own. If you are serving with ice cream, perhaps a tiny bit warmer, to allow ice cream to melt, and it will be heavenly.

caninechef

I would have to bake these and drive them about 40 minutes to lunch, probably a 3 hr difference between baking and eating. I can oven warm them on site. My other candidate is https://food52.com/recipes...

caninechef

I have made these twice in the last week and am scheduled to make them again in 2 weeks. If the goal is to impress these really do the trick. I did a test run with a few pears and then prepared these Sunday for a lunch group. These got the biggest reception of anything I have ever made. So much so that I am basically required to bring them again in 2 weeks because a lunch regular was missing on Sunday. My only problem is it is not easy to butter a pealed pear. For reference for anyone interested, I prepared these in the early AM and then baked them on site about 3 hours later. Worked perfectly, served warm with vanilla ice cream.