🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Short Ribs Braised in Red Wine and Vanilla

5e29dcb6 a381 4a6c b1ac 04c141e642ff  short ribs4

I have a question about the recipe "Short Ribs Braised in Red Wine and Vanilla " from Phyllis Grant. Can you make the braised short ribs in wine and vanilla in a slow cooker? For how long? Of course I'd do it after braising the meat. Could use a London Broil?

asked by john 10 months ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Hi John, this is a very general response, but this article might help as a starting point for you: https://food52.com/blog...

Braising is the very thing you WANT to do in your slow cooker. Did you mean to say browning?

I see a lot of slow cooker recipes listed via google but I have to wonder. London Broil just does not seem like a very good candidate for slow cooking to me. Something like a chuck roast( or thick steak) would seem a better replacement.