🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

649ecb61 6487 41f5 9c81 eaae56545b24  2017 0601 chocolate bundt cake bobbi lin 27353

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from Kelsey Banfield. 2 questions- 1. How should I adapt this recipe for a crown bunds pan? 2. I want to make it Friday night for a Sunday noon shower, should I just cool it then wrap with plastic wrap, then sprinkle with powdered sugar right before serving?

asked by KWKay 9 months ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

The consensus on this past thread about storing it is either plastic wrap or an airtight container! https://food52.com/hotline...

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Yes, wrap well with plastic after you have cooled it. When I make any cake in advance I double-wrap (plastic then aluminum foil). Sprinkle on the powdered sugar just before serving (otherwise if you do it ahead of time it will likely "melt" into the surface of the cake).

The crown pan looks to be new or re-introduced to commemorate company anniversay.
If you have both (regular with the alternating narrow crest & wider rounded arch sections; crown), easiest way to compare sizes is to measure volume by how many cups water each holds. Then compare & adjust recipe.
If you don't have both, or no one here knows, suggest you ask manufacturer.