A question about a recipe: Pink Champagne Cake

693a56c9 f603 457b aaf4 cde96a041aa8  2016 0910 champagne cake james ransom 323

I have a question about the recipe "Pink Champagne Cake" from Anne Byrn. I would like to make this recipe into a sheet cake (two or three layers). What do you suggest in terms of doubling/tripling the recipe and size of pans to use?

asked by Emily Stapley about 1 year ago

The original recipe calls for baking in three round layer pans 8" diameter. Each can hold about 12 cups.
Sheet pan volune is about 25-30 cups.
So, make a double recipe & the layer might be a less deep than from the 8' pan.
Not clear from your question if you want to cut one sheet pan cake so it makes a 2-3 layer rectangular cake or bake 2-3 sheet pans and make a large layered rectangular cake.

Should read 8" pan (not 8').

Typing while sleepy.
Sorry.
Each 8" diam pan holds 4c, so original cake was 12c.

Emily Stapley

I was planning to make three 9x13" cakes to make one rectangular three layered cake. I think if I double this recipe and divide the batter between the three pans, it should be just about right...?