A question about a recipe: Sheet Pan American Breakfast

979ac4d3 563a 4976 9a1a ac6e537b740e  2017 0321 sheet pan breakfast james ransom 271

I have a question about the recipe "Sheet Pan American Breakfast" from Ali Slagle. Would it work to cook the eggs entirely on the sheet pan in the oven?

asked by Allison over 1 year ago

Ali Slagle

When I tried that, the runny whites ran into my hash browns, but if that doesn't bother you, then yes!

Some other recipes for sheet pan breakfast bake the eggs @ 375F until done to taste.
Admittedly, to Ali's point, on a larger base of potatoes & bacon, so you can spoon the raw egg into a nest of already partlt cooked food.
Also see a recent sheet pan cookbook (away from my desk and don't have detaiks handy) for more ideas.

If you search an online bookseller, as I just did, you'll find about 15 books of one-pan meals just on the first page. About 10 are for sheet pans, remaining 5 for other (frypan, appliance).
I have not used enough of them to recommend one, but there are old reliables (Melissa Clark, Martha Stewart Living) and new writers working this area.