A question about a recipe: Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef

Ed11481c 77d1 4bc4 9c8c 079271c8af8a  8222494410 c497a1065a b

I have a question about the recipe "Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef" from Genius Recipes. Is it okay to not use flour on the brisket? Making for passover and not allowed to use flour ...

asked by Sascha over 1 year ago

There's not a lot of flour in the recipe, so you just omit it, yes.
Or use some matzo meal instead (to help give a light crusting to the brisket).
Great recipe, enjoy :)

I think it should be ok if you omitted the flour for this recipe. Looks like it's primarily there for browning. And it's only 1-2 tsp.

I've seen that some folks substitute potato starch during Passover, so that's another option!

I have made this recipe twice. I don't do wheat, but I decided it was worth it the first time to make as written. The second time, I used potato starch. It was just as fabulous.