A question about a recipe: My Classic Burger with Special Sauce

27bb9acd 2106 41f9 8e02 8d9390f9a20b  img 1146

I have a question about the recipe "My Classic Burger with Special Sauce" from Ashley Rodriguez. What is correct proportion for burger size?

asked by Darlene over 1 year ago

former Community Editor

Hi Darlene, it looks like this has come up before, I'm sorry there hasn't been a definitive answer to it yet. The good news is, you can choose which works better for you: either divide the mixture in 4 and have slightly larger burgers, or go by the 4 oz directive and get more patties.

Darlene

Thank you. I made this last night and I went with bigger burgers. I did not use a full 28 oz of ground beef. My package was about 1 1/3 lbs and it made four good sized, nice, juicy burgers.

former Community Editor

Glad to hear it worked out okay for you!

How did you like the special sauce, Darlene?

Isabel Mack

I use a 1/2 cup measure for making burgers and it works out to approximately 1/4 pound per person.

Makes it very fair when you are portioning for a huge crowd!