🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: OMG! Coconut Pound Cake

7b73d11d f875 4a6d b051 2434fb1621f4  2013 0604 coconut pound cake 014

I have a question about the recipe "OMG! Coconut Pound Cake" from ChefJune. How many holes do you poke in cake and how deep do you go with skewer?

asked by Patricia Stevens 5 months ago

I use the metal skewers I would use for a turkey, and I go as deep as the skewer will let me. (Obviously I don't let go of it or it would get lost inside the cake.) I don't really count how many holes, but I go thoroughly all over the surface. You want the cake to be as evenly imbibed with the syrup as possible. Maybe 35 or 40 pokes?