Can you double this Strawberry Shortcake recipe?

I'd like to make this recipe, but I'd need to double it to serve all of my guests. Has anyone doubled this recipe successfully? Thank you! https://food52.com/recipes...

702551
702551 May 22, 2017

Why not make two?

702551
702551 May 22, 2017

I actually looked at the linked recipe (and its accompanying photo gallery) and it is intended to make six individual servings. Doubling the recipe would simply result in twelve individual servings. Halving the recipe would make three portions.

It would seem like this recipe could be scaled to make dozens of individual servings and thus could be suitable as a dessert in a restaurant, a bakery or a catering company.

It's just dough, some whipped cream, and fresh strawberries.

702551
702551 May 22, 2017

And reading the comments, at least one person doubled the recipe. Not surprising considering what the recipe is.

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich May 22, 2017

cv - Thank you!

creamtea May 23, 2017

I believe you can double this recipe. Scroll through the picture sequence: in picture #6, it looks as if Amanda and Merrill doubled the recipe (they add 4 cooked egg yolks instead of the two called for) and the cream in the measuring cup looks like more than called for. If you can manage working manually with the quantities of a doubled recipe (rubbing in the butter, working the dough) then I say go for it. I have been trying biscuit recipes lately but halving them for my family.

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich May 23, 2017

Thank you, Lisanne! After looking at the photos again, it does look like they doubled the recipe.