🔕 🔔

Can you double this Strawberry Shortcake recipe?

I'd like to make this recipe, but I'd need to double it to serve all of my guests. Has anyone doubled this recipe successfully? Thank you! https://food52.com/recipes...

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

asked 3 months ago

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

Why not make two?

I actually looked at the linked recipe (and its accompanying photo gallery) and it is intended to make six individual servings. Doubling the recipe would simply result in twelve individual servings. Halving the recipe would make three portions.

It would seem like this recipe could be scaled to make dozens of individual servings and thus could be suitable as a dessert in a restaurant, a bakery or a catering company.

It's just dough, some whipped cream, and fresh strawberries.

And reading the comments, at least one person doubled the recipe. Not surprising considering what the recipe is.

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

cv - Thank you!

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

I believe you can double this recipe. Scroll through the picture sequence: in picture #6, it looks as if Amanda and Merrill doubled the recipe (they add 4 cooked egg yolks instead of the two called for) and the cream in the measuring cup looks like more than called for. If you can manage working manually with the quantities of a doubled recipe (rubbing in the butter, working the dough) then I say go for it. I have been trying biscuit recipes lately but halving them for my family.

Trena Heinrich

Thank you, Lisanne! After looking at the photos again, it does look like they doubled the recipe.