A question about a recipe: Maialino's Olive Oil Cake

2aae762e 345b 4799 9323 6c99f0c86576  olive oil cake genius desserts 3x2 james ransom 408

I have a question about the recipe "Maialino's Olive Oil Cake" from Genius Recipes. Has anyone tried this as a layer cake? Specifically, I'm worried about the layers falling apart when I try to stack them.

asked by Renee Foster about 1 year ago

I haven't tried it as a layer cake but I've made it many times and it's a pretty sturdy cake so I don't think it would fall apart.

The recipe's head note says that at the Maialino restaurant this cake is occasionally layered for birthdays.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I've never made this particular recipe, but I've used olive oil cakes in layer cakes and they are fantastic. Perfect vehicle for summer fruit.

spiffypaws

Haven't made this cake but if it is really tender, wrap in paper towels and place in freezer. you don't have to completely freeze; just firm it up a bit. then stack and fill, let thaw (so it doesn't crack when iced) and finish icing.