🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Nigella Lawson's Very Smart Strawberry Streusel Cake

3891db88 3f54 49f1 89b4 b4e52cee7422  2016 0517 strawberry streusel cake linda xiao 325

I have a question about the recipe "Nigella Lawson's Very Smart Strawberry Streusel Cake" from Sarah Jampel. I have made Nigella's strawberry streusel cake (it's delicious!) but wondered if I could make it ahead of time and freeze. I am having a brunch on Friday and would like to make it ahead of time, if possible. I can bake, then freeze, for a few days or make one day ahead. Which would you recommend?

asked by [email protected] 6 months ago

Bb305185 6b66 45c6 ac96 6204c9dd8a30  dsc09796
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

I would recommend making it one day ahead rather than freezing it! But if you do freeze it, I would thaw it in the refrigerator overnight (and then maybe warm it up in the oven before serving). I think it'll be fine either way!

Thank you so much for replying! I will do as you suggest and bake the night prior. Thank you again!