A question about a recipe: Jodi Rhoden’s Sour Cream Pound Cake

C8c5347f ac0e 4968 9034 106057faf8bb  2017 0606 summer sour cream pound cake julia gartland 397

I have a question about the recipe "Jodi Rhoden’s Sour Cream Pound Cake" from Emma Laperruque. Can I halve the recipe?

asked by hillarywith2ls over 1 year ago

Pending recipe author's answer, probably yes.
Just start checking for doneness sooner than the one hour mark...maybe from 45 minutes.
PS In case you want to make half because you don't need that much cake, you might want to make full recipe (two loaves) and freeze one...

hillarywith2ls

Thank you. I want to make one loaf cake - the recipe says it makes two. So I would think that the timing would be the same?

Hour timing could have been for the one large cake or oven filled with 2 loaves.
So for one loaf, est 45-60 min.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Or you could make two and freeze one for sugar craving emergencies....

hillarywith2ls

Thanks! I only want one (limited freezer space) - though freezing would make sense otherwise.