A question about a recipe: Nan Khatai

1ad4f35b d1f7 45c7 91ca 0944d552040c  img 1373

I have a question about the recipe "Nan Khatai" from elizabeth c.

The ingredient list calls for baking powder while the instructions refer to baking soda. Which is the proper leavening?

asked by pbdailey almost 8 years ago

The recipes I've seen call for baking soda, so I'd use baking soda in place of the baking powder.

I hate to disagree with amanda, but I'd go powder. I don't see anything acidic in the recipe to work with the soda. The texture of the cookie in the photo also makes me think baking powder was used. That being said, I've never made the cookies. Hopefully elizabeth c will stop by and give you a definitive answer.

pauljoseph

I also hate to disagree with amanda , we always use baking powder for making naan khatai will post an easy recipe for nan kahtai

elizabeth c

Oh I am so sorry about the confusion! It was a typo! The recipe calls for baking powder, (not soda). So sorry! Let me know what you think of the recipe if you try it! And thanks for calling this mistake to my attention!

Disagree away! Thanks pauljoseph and hardlikearmour for weighing in.