A question about a recipe: Tahini Cake with Blueberry Swirl

Bbe61b82 559f 48fc 93a6 c4ec8b859de9  2016 0617 tahini blueberry tea cake bobbi lin 26113

I have a question about the recipe "Tahini Cake with Blueberry Swirl" from Sarah Jampel. I'm wondering if 1) I could substitute any jam for the blueberry mixture and 2) Is there another fruit that would work well?

asked by Jen Thuma Wetzel about 1 year ago

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

It seems like the blueberry swirl in this recipe is a bit thinner than a typical store-bought jam, so you could try whisking in some citrus juice to thin it to "swirly" consistency. I imagine most fruits would work well...tahini is nice and nutty so something sweet and a bit tart to cut the fattiness. Apricots are used often in middle eastern cuisine so I imagine they'd have an affinity for each other. I also just happen to love apricots. The "swirl" recipe seems pretty simple and I would imagine most juicy fruits would do well.

And/or (from Persian cooking), dates, figs, peaches, pomegranates.
Syrups are available from dates or pomegranates, which would swirl nicely; jams for the others.

Jen Thuma Wetzel

Mmm, apricot....that sounds divine!