A question about a recipe: Alanna Taylor-Tobin's Stolen Granola with Extra Clumps

B8011bda 2a58 46b1 94eb d6a80055bede  2017 0321 genius homemade granola with extra clumps james ransom 327

I have a question about the recipe "Alanna Taylor-Tobin's Stolen Granola with Extra Clumps" from Genius Recipes. Does this run on the sweeter side? When I make granola from scratch I typically find that they can be too sugary and sometimes cut back the ratios of syrup or sugar. This looks low, but figured I'd ask those who have made it!

asked by Megan Town over 1 year ago

I don't find it very sweet, compared to other granolas. Hope you like it!

I haven't made this granola but based on the ratios, it seems not to be overly sweet, especially if you don't pack the brown sugar into the measuring cup. You could dial back the sugar to 1/4 cup or perhaps a bit less -- with the cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest, you're not likely to miss some of the sugar. Maple tends to be fairly mild when distributed in granola, so I'd leave it alone. Now I want to try this recipe! ;o)