🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Alanna Taylor-Tobin's Stolen Granola with Extra Clumps

6665256f 9889 4d44 a57b d443cc6c9e37  2017 0321 genius homemade granola with extra clumps james ransom 348

I have a question about the recipe "Alanna Taylor-Tobin's Stolen Granola with Extra Clumps" from Genius Recipes. Does this run on the sweeter side? When I make granola from scratch I typically find that they can be too sugary and sometimes cut back the ratios of syrup or sugar. This looks low, but figured I'd ask those who have made it!

asked by Megan Town 2 months ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I don't find it very sweet, compared to other granolas. Hope you like it!

I haven't made this granola but based on the ratios, it seems not to be overly sweet, especially if you don't pack the brown sugar into the measuring cup. You could dial back the sugar to 1/4 cup or perhaps a bit less -- with the cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest, you're not likely to miss some of the sugar. Maple tends to be fairly mild when distributed in granola, so I'd leave it alone. Now I want to try this recipe! ;o)