A question about a recipe: Alanna Taylor-Tobin's Stolen Granola with Extra Clumps

I have a question about the recipe "Alanna Taylor-Tobin's Stolen Granola with Extra Clumps" from Genius Recipes. Does this run on the sweeter side? When I make granola from scratch I typically find that they can be too sugary and sometimes cut back the ratios of syrup or sugar. This looks low, but figured I'd ask those who have made it!

Kristen Miglore August 7, 2017

I don't find it very sweet, compared to other granolas. Hope you like it!

AntoniaJames August 7, 2017

I haven't made this granola but based on the ratios, it seems not to be overly sweet, especially if you don't pack the brown sugar into the measuring cup. You could dial back the sugar to 1/4 cup or perhaps a bit less -- with the cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest, you're not likely to miss some of the sugar. Maple tends to be fairly mild when distributed in granola, so I'd leave it alone. Now I want to try this recipe! ;o)