A question about a recipe: Four Generation Peach Pie with Coconut Meringue Crust

9449bafb 66df 4c5e bae1 c11b693850d9  2017 0630 four generation peach pie coconut meringue james ransom 412

I have a question about the recipe "Four Generation Peach Pie with Coconut Meringue Crust" from wanderash. Can you explain the peaches? Is the filling five stewed peaches AND five sliced peaches, or is it just the stewed peaches? Thanks!

asked by Annika Shore over 1 year ago

A similar question was asked within the recipe shortly after it was posted. The author responded as follows (copied from comments):

If you have fresh peaches and are inclined, stew them and use them to fill the pie. If you do not have succulent fresh peaches you can used canned. Either way, be sure to drain the peaches well before adding them to the pie crust.

. . . which I read in the context of the recipe to mean, either five fresh ones that you've stewed, or a can of peaches - not both.

The easy edit would be to change the ingredient in the pie list to read:
5 stewed peaches (using recipe above) or one 28 oz. can of peaches, well drained
Hope this helps! ;o)