A question about a recipe: Lamb Meatballs with Spinach and Orzo

Af8dc79b 743d 49ef 8b1f 216544768d05  recipe lamb

I have a question about the recipe "Lamb Meatballs with Spinach and Orzo" from Molly Gilbert. Our family does eat lamb or veal - could beef be used in replacement for the lamb in this recipe?

asked by K Preston 10 months ago

I don't eat lamb and many times the substitute beef. Sometimes the spices need to be adjusted to compliment the beef. Works out fine.

Alexandra V. Jones

Yes, I think ground sirloin 90/10 ground beef would be suitable, or even ground dark meat turkey. As she mentions in the header when using ground lamb it behaves like beef.