🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Stella Parks' No-Stress, Super-Flaky Pie Crust

942d02b2 c73c 4cfa 9627 52f118cd3e50  2017 0808 genius bravetart pie crust julia gartland 443

I have a question about the recipe "Stella Parks' No-Stress, Super-Flaky Pie Crust" from Genius Recipes. I cannot have butter. Sub cold Earth Balance? Coconut oil? veg. shortening?

asked by rukahn 3 months ago

E8c27027 cc9d 4bce 9328 2feec50f66d7  stellaparkscookie

I haven't had a chance to play with it myself, but a reader wrote to say he'd tried it by replacing 80% of the butter with coconut oil and that it was a little tough, but flaky. Another reader told me she had good success with Earth Balance baking sticks, and based on their descriptions, I feel like that must be the better option.