A question about a recipe: Avocado Ice Cream (Helado de Aguacate)

44b90b79 503c 4b5c 9790 96d04240d988  2017 0810 milk pep avocado ice cream julia gartland 148

I have a question about the recipe "Avocado Ice Cream (Helado de Aguacate)" from Fany Gerson. Any way it's possible to try this without am ice-cream maker?

asked by Naomi O'Farrell about 1 year ago

I think you can. It does require more manual work on your part. You can make the ice cream base, freeze for 1-2 hours, then break up the slightly frozen base with a beater or food processor. You would have to do this a few times as the mixture freezes. This mimics the churning process so that you have a smooth frozen product as opposed to one frozen block of ice. I think you can also do this by putting the base into a Ziploc freezer bag and squishing the semi frozen mixture into your hands to simulate churning.

Naomi O'Farrell

Thanks so much! Excited to give it a try :)