A question about a recipe: Chestnut Cream (Crème de Marrons)

77a1f0f5 1f40 4b63 ab9c 8ae772971298  2016 0223 make your own chestnut puree bobbi lin 18136

I have a question about the recipe "Chestnut Cream (Crème de Marrons) " from Catherine Lamb. Does this freeze well? How long does it keep, refrigerated?

asked by Stephanie B. 9 months ago

I've always had it fresh (at home & in many restaurants).
Some recipes say it can hold 1 day in fridge, others say maybe up to 3 days.
I don't know about freezing.

Stephanie B.

Thanks Nancy! I was thinking of making this since I got some chestnuts from my farmer's market, but I don't have anything in mind to use the cream in. Maybe I'll think on it before I cook the chestnuts...

Cooked chestnuts last a little bit longer - 3 to 5 days in fridge - and I think do ok in freezing.
So you could cook some, then prepare a chestnut cream (aka Mont Blanc) closer to day you plan to serve it as dessert.

Stephanie B.

Great ideas, thanks! Now that you mention it, there's a mont blanc tart sort of thing in Yottam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh's new baking book which I got recently.