🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Boozy Belly Pumpkin Cupcakes

44ff71e9 a3d9 4b16 8476 77751db40856  2015 1020 pumpkin cupcakes with rum cream cheese filling james ransom 025 1

I have a question about the recipe "Boozy Belly Pumpkin Cupcakes" from vvvanessa. Can I make and send these through the mail (takes 2 days) or do they need to be refrigerated after baking due to the cream cheese filling?

asked by Ann 3 months ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Yeah, unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend these for shipping. Here are some other ideas for you though: https://food52.com/blog...

If it is only 2 days, it might be ok. My aunt sent me fish cakes before, she sent it in styrofoam box with additional insulation, and the fish cake is sent frozen (take out the fish cake from freezer right before packing it). It is a bit cold when I received it ~2 days later, but definitely not going bad at all. You can probably do something similar too with additional ice pack, or aybe try it first at home before sending it - freeze some, put it in styrofoam packing box with additional ice pack, and see how it is 2 days later.