🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Last-Minute Chocolate Pecan Pie

01d9a44d f941 4ed6 a9ec 58caff9622c5  2016 0907 ghirardelli chocolate pecan pie james ransom 232

I have a question about the recipe "Last-Minute Chocolate Pecan Pie" from Bonnie Meyer. I would like to make this for Thanksgiving using Paule Caillat’s brown butter tart crust. Should I blind bake the tart crust prior to pouring in the filling or not??

asked by Ali Worthalter about 2 months ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

added about 2 months ago

Since the pie recipe calls for baking the pie crust and filling at the same time, I'd do the same with the tart crust. Press the tart dough into the pan and chill it before adding the pecan pie filling.