A question about a recipe: What We Call Stuffing: Challah, Mushroom, and Celery

A0d9297c 5461 4aed a17a bd241e7991d2  2014 1030 stuffiing 012

I have a question about the recipe "What We Call Stuffing: Challah, Mushroom, and Celery" from MrsWheelbarrow. How many stalks of celery in 2 cups diced? And how many onions in 2 cups diced? It's easier to know how many to start with, than to start chopping until you fill the cups! Thank you.

asked by Willa P. 11 months ago

Hi Willa P. -- it's difficult to say precisely because celery stalks and onion sizes vary, so here's what I would plan for: 3 to 4 stalks celery and 2 medium onions. If you end up with more than 2 cups or a little less than 2 cups, it's ok. This is a forgiving recipe; have made it several times!

Willa P.

Got it - thanks very much!

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

I assume one medium onion equals one cup diced, so you’ll need 2. Celery stalks vary, but 3 medium stalks? The recipe is not rigid, and a little more or less won’t be a disaster