made muffins and they stuck to the papr cases...any way to prevent that?

they turned out yummy...just a lot of them stuck to the paper cases they were in

• Posted by: kevyn
  • February 28, 2011

francesca gilberti
francesca gilberti February 28, 2011

I find that the aluminum foil muffin cups generally peel back more easily, or perhaps, you could smother the inside of your paper ones with a thin layer of butter?

katiebakes
katiebakes February 28, 2011

Did you grease them first? I always grease mine to prevent them from sticking. Also letting them cool awhile helps.

gulenay
gulenay February 28, 2011

Butter the cases that should work

Sadassa_Ulna
Sadassa_Ulna February 28, 2011

I place the cups in the tins and then use a canola spray and give a quick spritz in each cup. I recently found out that my mufins turn out s much tastier is I butter each well and skip the liners; they develop a wonderful crust...

Sam1148 February 28, 2011

There is a "Pam" type spray product that has a flour in it that works very well. (Pam for baking).
It won't add lots of oil to the muffins, cupcakes, and releases well.

betteirene
betteirene March 1, 2011

Hmmm. . .the greasing or spraying or buttering of paper/aluminum liners seems a bit redundant, especially to those of us who use them so that we don't have to wash the cupcake pan, a chore that's on the top five list of Things I Hate to Wash.

One reason that muffins stick to paper (and cupcakes don't) is the batter; cupcakes usually contain more fat. Another reason that cupcakes don't stick is because they are served at room temp, but homemade muffins are usually served warm.

Use a recipe specifically formulated for muffins (corn muffins, for instance, typically call for more fat than corn bread, and often call for less sugar). Remove the muffins from the pan immediately after taking them from the oven, and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack to prevent the liners from becoming soggy from steam.

Sometimes, no matter what you do, you'll end up with transcendental muffins (they've become one with the liner), especially if it's a wet batter with sugary whole ingredients such as blueberries or chocolate chips. In this case, throw manners under the table and make like you're eating artichokes -- scrape the muffin off the paper with your bottom row of teeth so that nothing goes to waste.

You could also purchase parchment liners if you have a Smart & Final or Cash & Carry nearby,

Anitalectric
Anitalectric March 1, 2011

Hello.

I like to leave my muffins naked. If you just grease the tins and pour the batter right in, post-baking they should release from the pan easily unless they have a lot of really moist fruit or something sticky. (The only muffins I have ever had this problem with is pineapple).

When you take them out of the oven, let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then invert the pan onto a clean kitchen towel and lay the muffins on their sides to cool.

You can rest easy knowing you are saving paper :) And the best part is that you get to eat the nice, slightly caramelized and crispy muffin skin that would otherwise get thrown away with the paper.