A question about a recipe: Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Icing and Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds

1ac13895 b2bb 449d b81d 8b6f6b1670d5  2014 0926 pumpkin cake 004

I have a question about the recipe "Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Icing and Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds" from Sarah Jampel. I've made the cake, frosted it, and added the seeds. But we don't eat for another 6 hours! Should I refrigerate the cake/

asked by Savitha Moorthy 9 months ago

Sorry for the delay answering your question! Yes, you should refrigerate the cake until about half an hour before you're ready to eat. The seeds might be a little sticky, but if you leave it out you run the risk of the icing softening and dripping off the cake.